Sadiq MUN News Bulletin Downloads FAQ Site Map Contact Us
.October Exam 2018 ResultSadiq News BulletinSchool Prospectus
HISTORY

His Highness Sir Sadiq Mohammad Khan Abbasi, the Ameer of Bahawalpur laid the foundation stone of Sadiq Pubic School on 4th March 1953; provided 450 acres of land and financed the entire construction cost. His dynamic Chief Minister, Makhdoomzada Hassan Mahmud, supervised the project.

Approximately 9 months later, on 18th January 1954, His Highness Sir Sadiq Mohammad Khan Abbasi inaugurated the School with 37 students and 7 teachers.

The initial structure consisted of the Main Academic Block, 2 Boarding Houses and 5 Staff Houses with Khan Anwar Sikandar Khan as the first Principal.

Since inception SPS has contributed to the intellectual awakening, social upbringing & economic uplift, particularly in the field of politics of this area and of Pakistan in general.

The contribution of SPS is even more significant because there was no public school between Lahore & Karachi with the exception of Aitchison College in Lahore, Ghora Gali in Murree and a couple of schools in Karachi.

SPS started as a co-educational institution.

In the next two years, one swimming pool, a hospital and 12 staff houses were built by the Public Works Department.

Today we have 4 academic blocks, 5 boarding houses, over 2000 students, 130 teachers, 61 staff bungalows, 100 staff quarters, 2 swimming pools, a library, a squash court, a gymnasium, a riding club, an IT Centre, an amphitheatre and a School for the children of lower staff.

The first batches in public examinations appeared, for Senior Cambridge in 1957, Matriculation in 1958, Intermediate in 1966 and A Level in 1994.

In 1966 the admission facility for the girls was withdrawn.

However, after a gap of some 40 years, a separate Girls Section started in May 2003 with 9 girls; has risen to 600 girls with 100 in the hostel commissioned August 2006.

The new academic block for girls, donated by H.H. the ruler of Abu Dhabi / President of UAE, was completed on 25th July 2008 and the girls (class 6 to 12) were shifted into it on 6th October 2008.

Principals of the school:

1
 
Khan Anwar Sikandar Khan
January 1954- March 1972
2
 
Abu Zaffar Haneef
March 1972- August 1978
3
 
Col. (R) Zahoor-ul-Haq
January 1979 - February1990
4
 
Agha Khalil Ahmad
March1990 - December 2001
5
 
Prof. Muhammad Asif Malik
Sept 2002-Nov 2007
6
 
Maj. Syed Munir Ahmad (R)
November 2007- August 2012
7
 
Prof. Saleem Raza Chaudhry
August 2012 - June 2013
8
 
Prof. Nauman Ahmad Qureshi
Jul 2014 - to Jul 2017

 

A birds eye view of the school:

1.
Founded March 4, 1953
2.
Inaugurated January 18, 1954
3.
Total Area 450 Acres
4.
Started with 37 Students
7 Teachers
5.
Present Strength 2576 Students
Boys : 1646
Girls : 930
6.
Boarders

Boys : 421
Girls : 102

7.
Teaching Staff 182 (Male 80, Female 102)
8.
Total Annual Budget 521 million
9.
Classes/Courses Offered KG - A Level - Intermediate
10.
Subjects
a)
O/A Level: English, Islamiyat, Pakistan Studies, Urdu, Maths, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Add. Maths, Computer Studies, Economics, Accounting and Business Studies.
b)
H.S.S.C.: Pre-Engg., Pre-Medical, General Science and Humanities.
11.
Religious Consolidation
a)
Compulsory prayers primary level onwards
b)
Nazira of Holy Quran - Junior School
12.
Co-Curricular Activity Offered
 
Literary, Debates & Performing Arts
13.
Extra Curricular Activities Offered
 
Cricket, Football, Hockey, Athletics, Swimming, Basketball, Tennis, Squash, Badminton, Gymnastics, Ridding.